If you are living in New Zealand but do not have a NZ passport or drivers licence, we can still verify your account, as long as you can supply us with documents as per one of the three options below.
Select the option for more details on the requirements.
If you are a foreign citizen with a New Zealand visa in your passport, simply supply us with a copy of the:
- photo page of your passport
- signature page of your passport
- NZ visa
These copies need to be certified by a trusted referee (see below). Note that you must have a NZ bank account in your own name to make payments to us.
If you are in Auckland and go to any crypto meetups, we can verify you in person there – just let us know.
We can verify you based on your New Zealand birth certificate, if this is provided along with an 18+ card.
Simply email us with a copy of your birth certificate and 18+ card, both of which have been certified by a trusted referee (see below).
We can verify you based on any ONE of the following documents:
- New Zealand firearms licence
- New Zealand certificate of identity issued under the Passports Act 1992
- New Zealand certificate of identity issued under the Immigration New Zealand Operational Manual that is published under section 25 of the Immigration Act 2009
- New Zealand refugee travel document issued under the Passports Act 1992
- emergency travel document issued under the Passports Act 1992
Simply send us a copy of one of these documents, which has been certified by a trusted referee (see below).
Any of the above documents provided to us need to be verified by a trusted referee. The trusted referee must sight the original documentary identification, and make a statement to the effect that the documents provided are a true copy and represent the identity of the individual applying for verification.
Certification must include the trusted referees name, phone number, signature, and their capacity to act as a trusted referee (see the list below). The certification must be dated, and must have been carried out in the three months preceding the verification application.
A trusted referee must be at least 16 years of age and one of the following:
- Commonwealth representative (as defined in the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957)
- Member of the police
- Justice of the peace
- Registered medical doctor
- Kaumātua (as verified through a reputable source)
- Registered teacher
- Minister of religion
- Lawyer (as defined in the Lawyers and Conveyancers Act 2006)
- Notary public
- New Zealand Honorary consul
- Member of Parliament
- Chartered accountant (within the meaning of section 19 of the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants Act 1996)
See here for links on how to find trusted referees.
In addition, the trusted referee must not be:
- related to you (e.g. your parent, child, brother, sister, aunt, uncle or cousin)
- your spouse or partner
- living at the same address as you
- involved in your transaction with us.
Once you have your documents certified and ready to go, send them through to us by raising a helpdesk ticket.
You will need to send us three things:
- The certified identity document as per one of the options above
- A selfie of you holding that identity document and a note that says “I am buying bitcoin from Easy Crypto”
- A proof of address document. We can accept any of the following, issued in the last 12 months:
- Utility bill
- Statement/correspondence from a bank or financial institution
- Insurance policy document
- Unexpired rental or tenancy agreement
- Correspondence from a government agency containing a unique reference (e.g. IRD number, Client File Number or Tenancy Bond reference number)